There is a need for a rework of the technical documentation of Fripost email and network solutions. July 11, Leif-Jöran, Guilhem, and Gustav recognised the demands on a technical documentation that are covered by this article.
- Fripost should avoid many different systems: preferably the association’s homepage, wiki, and documentation solution should be the same.
Demands for reading. The solution should be
- Index-able by Internet search engines
- Locally search-able, from within the solution
- Available in several potential reading formats
- Readable of line, which is being less-friendly (more-friendly)
Demands on writing and contributions. The solution should be
- Open for more than administrators to contribute
- Comment-able from also non members
- Reasonable efficient to edit offline from regular text editors
Questions to be answered
Does Gitolite have support for LDAP? That way ikiwiki could be coupled to layers of access: administrators, members, and all.